Adult Volleyball Official
CITY OF OWATONNA
DATE: June 7, 2013
JOB TITLE: Adult Volleyball Official
DEPARTMENT: Park and Recreation
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Assistant Recreation Director
DIRECTION OF OTHERS: Program participants
NATURE OF WORK: Officiates program participants
MINIMUM EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Adults with a knowledge of volleyball. Must have supervisory capabilities to be able to work with and direct/officiate participants. Must be knowledgeable and able to portray the philosophies of the Park and Recreation Department.
WORK PERFORMED/AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Officiate adult volleyball games assigned to them.
- Provide score sheets to Park and Recreation Department after the completion of matches.
- Effectively communicate with a variety of audiences.
- Orderly carry out match in a professional and enjoyable matter.
- Assist Assistant Recreation Director in enforcement of program rules and facility rules.
- Is responsible for use of school districts and Park and Recreation equipment used in the program.
- Make sure program sites are safe and in proper condition. Will report to Assistant Recreation Direction if deemed unsafe.
- Will report any damages or breakage of equipment to Assistant Recreation Director.
- Will report any incidents or problems to the Assistant Recreation Director immediately the next day. If serious, contact Assistant Recreation Director immediately. As a result, help with these or other situations that may arise.
- Other duties as assigned.