Airport Service and Building Attendant
JOB TITLE: Airport Service and Building Attendant
DEPARTMENT: Community Development
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Airport Manager
DIRECTION OF OTHERS: None
NATURE OF WORK: To provide customer service to airport customers, fueling of aircraft, and general airport buildings and grounds upkeep as assigned.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE:
Minimum Qualifications: Be 18 years of age, minimum. Must hold a valid driver’s license.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience in customer service, airport operations and use of lawn care equipment, routine janitorial functions for buildings or general grounds maintenance.
WORK PERFORMED/AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Serving customers in a friendly and professional manner.
- Answering the phone in a timely and courteous manner as well as relaying messages to supervisor when necessary.
- Fueling general aviation aircraft.
- Assisting passengers and pilots.
- Record daily fuel quantities.
- Perform general janitorial duties in terminal and service areas.
- Cleaning of airport vehicles, equipment, and hangar facilities.
- Lock and unlock assigned buildings, secure building when facilities are not in use.
- Operation of riding mowers, push mowers, grounds trimmers, snow blowers and powered brooms.
- Operates snow removal equipment.
- Weed and water flower beds and landscaped areas.
- Report any damage within airport buildings, fuel systems, or grounds to your supervisor immediately
- Report any vehicle or equipment damage to your supervisor immediately.
- Report any personal injury or accident to your supervisor immediately.
- Performs other job-related activities as assigned.
EXTENT AND TYPE OF INTERACTION WITH THE PUBLIC:
- Answers questions of the general public and airport customers or directs public to the proper authority.
- Provides meet and greet services to the community through the airport.
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS AND REGISTRATIONS:
- Valid driver’s license.
EQUIPMENT AND TOOL OPERATION: Must be capable of operating miscellaneous tools and equipment relative to the position which shall include but not be limited to: office equipment, aviation communication equipment, aviation fuel system equipment, computers, copy machines, fax machines, small equipment, shovels, light snow removal equipment, and mowers.
WORKING HOURS AND CONDITIONS:
Varying Hours with scheduled shifts primarily on weekend days but may include weekdays, evenings, and holidays. This is a part time position.
In compliance with the American With Disabilities Act the following represents the Physical and Environmental Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee will regularly spend time standing, walking, and sitting. Climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, twisting, and bending are sometimes required. When operating equipment the employee is frequently exposed to bouncing, jostling, twisting, and turning of the upper body. Audio, visual, and verbal functions are essential functions to performing the duties of this position and may include exposure to infrequent loud noise. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally must lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.