|DATE: February 25, 2015
JOB TITLE: Engineering Intern
DEPARTMENT: Public Works
REPORTS TO: Public Works Director/City Engineer
DIRECTION OF OTHERS: None
NATURE OF WORK: Provides assistance on survey crew, performs inspection activities as directed by Engineering personnel, performs drafting tasks relating to City map updating, information gathering for pavement management program, and other duties as assigned.
Duties / Responsibilities:
|WORK PERFORMED/AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides assistance as directed with engineering related field surveys and public improvement inspections.
• Performs miscellaneous drafting functions as directed.
• Provides assistance in maintaining engineering related documents in keeping them accurate and up-to-date.
• Provides assistance to the general public with requests for engineering related information.
• Performs miscellaneous research projects as requested relating to engineering information, related to the pavement management program.
• Provides copies of plat maps, topographies, as-builts, etc., as requested by the public or other City department personnel.
• Communicates orally and in writing information and results of field surveys and inspections.
• All other duties that apply.
|EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Completed at least one quarter or equivalent hours in surveying and drafting/engineering graphics.
• Ability to work independently and complete work assignments accurately and on time.
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
• Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with other City department personnel.
• Valid driver’s license equivalent to Minnesota Class D.
• Ability to perform all essential position functions included under Working Conditions as described.
• Must be able to lift and manually transport field survey and inspection equipment and work in a variety of weather conditions.
• Previous work experience in surveying and/ or engineering-related field.
• Desire to gain knowledge and experience relating to all facets of municipal engineering.
• Experience with Engineering and model software (AutoCAD)
Hours of Work/Physical and Mental Demands:
• Position requires ability to work outdoors during adverse weather conditions as directed.
• Position requires the ability to assist on a field survey crew as directed.
• Position workload may be such that, during some periods of time, activities will be hectic and stressful, and a variety of different tasks will be performed at a fast pace.
HOURS OF WORK: