Tax Forms

OPL receives paper copies of some tax forms from the IRS and from the MN Department of Revenue. We place these in the Reading Room as they arrive. If you do not see what you need there or if you are searching from home, try the Federal and State links below to locate the form(s) you need.

Library staff can not help you choose or fill out forms, and can not offer tax advice.


UPDATE for 2014 Tax Filing Season:  Due to Congressional budget cuts, the IRS will no longer send us copies of Instruction Booklets and is drastically reducing the amount of forms they are sending.

You can obtain copies of IRS forms and instruction booklets here:

  • - to view and download
  • - to order tax products to be delivered by mail
  • 1-800-829-3676 - to order tax products to be delivered by mail

Full text of the IRS update here.

State (Minnesota)

More State Tax Forms

The Federation of Tax Administrators offers an interactive map of all State Tax Forms.

Tax Help

Trained AARP volunteers offer free tax help to individuals who are senior citizens, middle to low income, disabled, have English as a second language, and veterans.

Those who qualify can get help in filing returns and completing their Minnesota homeowner rebate. All taxes need to be Minnesota or federal.

Call SeniorPlace (507-444-4280) at the West Hills to arrange an appointment. 45-minute appointments are available from February 3 through April 15, on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.

Revised January 16, 2015