Information and Entry Fees
The Owatonna Slow Pitch Softball Association in cooperation with the Owatonna Park and Recreation Department offers organized leagues in Men’s, Women’s and Co-ed softball programs. Games are played from early May through end of August at the Fairgrounds softball complex.
• Organizational meeting Tuesday, February 26th, 2013- 7:00 PM at the Owatonna Eagles Club.
. Any interested individuals wishing to get on teams should attend this meeting.
• Team registration deadline is Wednesday, March 13th at 3:00 PM .
• Schedule pick up and roster hand in will be held at the Park and Recreation office at on Tuesday, April 23rd 2013 from 3:00-5:00 PM.
Co-Rec Softball Leagues
The unique rules governing Co-Rec Softball help the sport remain recreational as opposed to being hightly competitive. Recently there have been four divisions of play. Last year we had a total of 30 teams. Co-Rec plays a total of 14 games. This year the bottom league team as a recreational league can play games with as many women as you want.
Entry Fees are due on or before Wednesday, March 13, 2013 by 3:00 PM. Pay at Park and Recreation Office. Checks made payable to Owatonna Softball Association $60.00 Post Season Tourney Fee is included in your entry fee for Men’s and Women’s Leagues. If you do not wish to participate, you must request a refund by July 15, 2013 and a check will be refunded to you.
Open Co Rec- $215.00 (no end of season tourney)
In addition to Team Entry Fees the following player fees must be paid prior to playing the first game.
Co Rec Player Fees
- Player fees of $40.00 (includes tax) for Co-Rec Leagues for Owatonna and Steele County residents.
- Player fees of $55.00 (includes tax) for Co-Rec Leagues outside of Steele County.
- No discount will be given for playing on a second team this year.
Player fees are paid on Tuesday, April 23 from 3:00-5:00pm at the Parks and Recreation Office-make checks payable to the Park and Recreation-please do not bring roster sheets to the office prior to this date. Player fees include a $10.00 Softball Association fee. If you play on a second team (Co-Rec), you must pay the $10.00 fee as well-no second team discount this year.
In addition to Entry Fees and Player Fees:
- The Softball Association Board will assign several teams to work the city tournaments. You will be given that assignment when you turn in your rosters.
- Each team that is required to work a tournament will pay a $200.00 Tournament Work
Commitment Check. If your team is scheduled to work a tournament, your team will not be given
league schedules until the tournament check is paid.
- Be prepared to make checks payable to Owatonna Softball Association. This check is refunded to you after your team works the tournament
Open Co- Recreation Softball Leagues
Play 14 games one night a week- Tuesdays
There will be a clinic to discuss local rules, expectations, and to hand out your assignments and schedules.
If you are interested in umpiring call the Park and Recreation Office at 507-444-4321 for more details.
Owatonna Aces Baseball
Member of the Four County League. Games are played weekday evenings and Saturday evenings at Dartt's Park Baseball Field.