Our recreation program offers a variety of leisure options for youth and adults with disabilities. We provide an adaptive format as well as opportunities for inclusion; programs are offered year round. Our policy within the Therapeutic Recreation program is to plan for the person first, the disability second, and to encourage the independent pursuit of personal leisure interests. Our goal is to make recreation/leisure choices available to everyone. Our objective is to accommodate individuals with necessary adaptations so that they may participate as fully as their non-disabled peers.
- A newsletter 6 times a year, providing a calender of trips, special events, weekly scheduled activities and program information.
- Transportation to local activities for members within city limits, for Night Club programs.
- Experienced Park and Recreation staff facilitating programs and events.
- Discount on membership fees at the West Hills Fitness Center
- Access to other resources and agencies such as A.D.D., Special Olympics, Project Able, and more who advocate for persons with disabilities.
- Scholarships and financial assistance available upon request.
Youth Program Registration