- The River Springs Water Park will NOT OPEN for open swim or any offered program (except morning lap swim) if the “feels like” temperature is colder than 70 degrees.
- The River Springs Water Park will close for at least ½ hour if lightning is visible and/or thunder is heard in the area.
- Closing decisions will be made at least 45 minutes prior to the scheduled facility opening or program time (when possible).
- Weather related closings may be re-evaluated for re-opening later in the day pending weather conditions.
- Decisions made on weather related closings will be posted and announced in the following areas:
- Parks and Recreation Cancellation Hotline: 507-444-4321, ext. 2
- Parks and Recreation Cancellation Webpage: www.ci.owatonna.mn.us/owatonna-cancellations
- Signs will be posted on the admissions and main entrance windows if we are open or closed
- Follow us on Facebook by becoming a fan of the 'River Springs Water Park' page