Little League I
Little League Level 1 and Level 2
Time Line: April 13, 2013 – Pre-Season Evaluations at OJHS Old and New Gym
Please wear tennis shoes, shorts and bring your glove. Arrive early - for check in.
Grades 2-5 Junior High Gym
12:15 PM 2nd Grade
1:45 PM 3rd Grade
3:30 PM 4th Grade
4:45 PM 5th Grade
May 29- Kick off- Four Seasons Center - 5:45 Meet Coaches/Get Schedules/Get Uniform
Volunteer Coaches Needed!
The Park and Recreation Department utilizes volunteer coaches for many of the youth programs the department offers. Volunteer coaches are a key ingredient in the offering of these youth programs. This includes training in psychology and philosophy of youth sports, first aid, and teaching skill techniques for the various activities. Please call the Park and Recreation office if interested at 507-444-4321. All volunteer coaches must fill out a background check on a yearly basis.
Park and Recreation Registration for little league level 1 and 2, minor league and major league will continue at the Park and Recreation office for all participants that did not sign up on the early registration date. Baseball pant size, shirt size and sock sizes are needed from participants for their uniforms.
Registration: February 23, 2012 through March 8, 2013.
Purpose: Developmental in-house leagues
Emphasis: Skill Development and Game Introduction
Leagues: Little League Level 1—2nd/3rd—Machine Pitch
Little League Level 2—4th/5th—Player Pitch
Little League Level 1 (Grades 2 and 3) 2013 FEE: $55 payable to Owatonna Bullpen Club After March 7, 2013 - Fee: $65.00
Location: Manthey/Lincoln Fields
This is an in-house program where teams, consisting of players from the same grade, play teams in that grade.
- Emphasis on participation and development of fundamental baseball skills.
- Each participant receives a full uniform (jersey, pants, belt, socks and a Major League team cap.)
- A pitching machine is used.
- A pre-season evaluation is conducted on April 13, 2013 and teams are split evenly as possible.
- Free coaching/skills clinics will be offered Saturdays in May at Manthey Park.
- Practices begin on the week of June 4, 2013 or earlier.
- This level will participate on Monday and Wednesdays at Lincoln and Manthey Park starting the first week in June.