To enable youth of Owatonna to fully participate in programs and services offered by the Park and Recreation Department and to enable donors to contribute gifts to endow the fund to fulfill that purpose.
This fund helps support programs for all of the kids in our school district and Adult Special Recreation Programs. Pick up a form from the Park and Recreation Office prior to registration day.
Fee Structure: Participants must pay 40% of program fee.
Do I Qualify?
You must meet one of the qualifications listed below to be eligible
___Recipients of Current Free and Reduced Lunch Program (
___ Recipients of Medical Assistance Program
___ Other, (explain)
*Must show proof of verification of one of the above qualifications
2. Maximum amount per year will be 60% per child per program.
3. Applications must be picked up at the Owatonna Park and Recreation office, City Hall, 540 West Hills Circle, completed and returned to the Park and Recreation office at least one week prior to start of registration period.
4. Persons applying for youth scholarship money must meet certain criteria in order to qualify for scholarship monies.
Applicants may qualify for scholarship monies if they are eligible for any of the following programs.
A. Free and reduced lunch programs
B. Recipients of Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
C. Medical Assistance Program
5. The Owatonna Park and Recreation Department reserves the right to verify all information contained on the application form, in order to either grant, deny, or revoke any scholarship monies.
6. Only the Owatonna Youth Scholarship Assistance Fund Committee and management staff will review the application form, in order to maintain strict confidentiality.
7. Applicants will be notified before the registration period, what they will receive for scholarship monies.
8. Anyone being approved to receive scholarship money, must bring their approved scholarship form with them or mail it in with the program
9. Funding for the Owatonna Youth Scholarship Assistance Fund comes in part from the Robin Eiseman Macht Scholarship Fund.
2014 Youth Scholarship Board Members: