2015 Spring Street Sweeping
The City of Owatonna announces its annual Spring Cleanup of City streets, supported by efforts of property owners to remove winter sand materials from boulevards. The program has been successful in the past and is being continued this year.
Each winter material used by the Street Department for sanding streets ends up being deposited on boulevards from subsequent winter plowing and blading operations. To assist property owners in the disposal of these materials, the City will allow the material to be raked to the street's edge and will then be picked up by the City street sweeper.
The boulevard area is generally regarded as the area between the curb and the sidewalk, or within 13 feet of the street's edge if a sidewalk is not present. Property owners may rake or broom sanding materials to the curb gutter or street's edge of any hard surfaced street. Brush, limbs, or twigs will NOT be allowed!
Property owners may deposit the materials at the street's edge within 72 hours of the scheduled pickup. Pickup dates may be delayed if weather conditions prohibit street sweeping to occur. Local news media will be informed of rescheduling changes.
The following are the pickup dates for city streets:
2015 SPRING STREET SWEEPING SCHEDULE
- May 11 and 12: Area bordered by City Limits on the north, Mineral Springs Road on the south, City Limits on the east, and Straight River on the west.
- May 13 and 14: Area bordered by Mineral Springs Road on the north, Main Street on the south, City Limits on the east, and Grove Avenue on the west.
- May 15 and 16: Area bordered by Main Street on the north, City Limits on the south, City Limits on the east, and Oak Avenue on the west.
- May 17 and 18: Area bordered by City Limits on the north, City Limits on the south, Hoffman Drive and South Oak Avenue on the east, and City Limits on the west.
- May 19: Hoffman Drive Oak Avenue, Bridge Street Area bordered by North Street on the north, Rice Street on the south, Grove Street on the east, and Hoffman Drive and Walnut Avenue on the west.
2014 Spring Street Sweeping Map
If anyone has questions relative to the schedule, please call 774-7308
between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.