Tennis and Fitness Guest Services
City of Owatonna
DATE: April 8, 2013
JOB TITLE: Guest Services
DEPARTMENT: Parks and Recreation (West Hills Tennis & Fitness Center)
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Recreation Supervisor
DIRECTION OF OTHERS: None
NATURE OF WORK: Perform duties necessary for the day to day operation of the West Hills Tennis & Fitness Center.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:Ability to work with public; Knowledge of computer operations; Ability to work independently
WORK PERFORMED/AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
I.Promote and market the facility through communication with facility users.
- Assist patrons and guests through effective and efficient customer service.
- Knowledge of facility rates, programs, policies/procedures and hours of operation.
- Answering phone calls.
- General knowledge of weight and cardio equipment.
- Effective communication with patrons, guests, vendors and other staff members.
II. Complete Records and Reports including membership applications, program registration, facility use, facility maintenance, pool readings and accident/incident forms.
III. Monitor facility use by patrons and guests including supervision, safety checks, and enforcement the city and the facility policies and procedures.
IV. Familiar with, Enforce and uphold facility policies and procedures created in accordance with OSHA, Owatonna Parks & Recreation and the West Hills Tennis & Fitness Center.
V. General maintenance of and up-keep/appearance of the facility.
- Responsible for keeping the facility and equipment clean and maintained.
- Report damage, needed repairs, issues, accidents/incidents, etc. to the Recreation Supervisor.
- Stocking/filling of products (ie: beverages, paper towels, soap, toilet paper, etc.).
- Completing daily maintenance and tasks lists.
- Monitor, Test and Document pool chemical and other pool mechanical readings.
VI. Daily Point of Sale and Deposit transactions for products, programs, membership and facility use.
VII. Attend meetings and trainings as scheduled.
VIII. Be familiar with emergency procedures and assist in basic first aid and emergency needs.
IX. Perform opening and closing duties of the facility.
X. Complete other tasks as assigned by Supervisor.
XI. This position also includes working in a Guest Services Associate or Lifeguard position for the Parks and Recreation department during the Summer Aquatics Season.
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, AND REGISTRATIONS
EQUIPMENT AND TOOL OPERATION
- Employee must be capable of operating miscellaneous office, safety and other equipment relative to this position which shall include but may not be limited to: personal computer, copier, fax machine, communication equipment, Point of Sale equipment, janitorial equipment and related items.
WORKING HOURS AND CONDITIONS
- This is a position with scheduled shifts including days, evening, weekends, and holidays with opening and closing shifts, In compliance with the Americans With Disabilities Act.
- The following represents the Physical and Environmental Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, talk or hear, sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to seventy-five (75) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.