Youth Soccer Offical
CITY OF OWATONNA
DATE: January 16, 2013
JOB TITLE: Park and Recreation Official (soccer, basketball, football, baseball, and softball)
DEPARTMENT: Park and Recreation
LOCATION: Various locations with the Park and Recreation and School DistrictFacilities
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Assistant Recreation Director
DIRECTION OF OTHERS: None
NATURE OF WORK: Officiate and teach the particular sport including setting up and taking down of facility.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Individuals should have a firm grasp of the game and its rules. Must be knowledgeable and able to portray the youth philosophies of the Park and Recreation Department.
WORK PERFORMED/AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Perform officiating and related duties as assigned.
- Dress in proper referee attire as instructed by supervisor and provide other items needed to perform the job.
- Assist in safety of the participants.
- Will report any damages or breakage of equipment to Supervisor.
- Will report any injuries or accident to Supervisor.
- Answer questions of the general public when in field, or direct public to the proper employees.
- Maintain knowledge of rules and control game safety of coaches and parents, while teaching the game to participants.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.